Skip Logic determines where to send a respondent based on the answer to a question- allowing them to be sent to a specific question later in your survey if they answer in a particular way.
To add skip logic to a question it must not be an “open response” question
- Select the question to which you want to add Skip Logic
- Click on the gear icon at the top of the center pane to expand the advanced settings menu (shown below)
- select “Use Skip Logic” as shown below
This will cause the Skip Logic setup screen to appear (shown below)
- Determine By – select the Skip Logic type
- Based on answer selection in this question
- Based on weighted values assigned to the answer options from this question
- Required Answer(s) – Select the answer(s) that must be selected for the Skip Logic to be used
- Answer Logic – Choose the logic for determining if the Skip Logic will be used
- Answer based options include AND, OR, EXACT options
- Weighting based options include >, >=, =, <=, <, range
- Destination Question – This allows you to choose where the respondent will be sent (use end of survey for wash-out)
- Logic – This section displays the logic in plain English for your review
Once you have completed and added the Skip Logic to your question, you will see it shown above the question text. You can edit the Skip Logic by clicking on it, or add unlimited additional Skip Logic criteria using the “Add Skip Logic” button.